The program of preferential car loans (hereinafter referred to as the Program) continues to operate. The Program was launched on April 20, 2015 and is designed for a period of up to 20 years, depending on the sources of funding. The total funding limit is 82 billion tenge: 26 billion tenge from the National Fund, 16 billion tenge from the national budget and 40 billion tenge from the National Bank of Kazakhstan:
1) 26 billion KZT - as part of implementation of the Joint Action Plan between The Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan to provide financing to domestic manufacturers and exporters in terms of conditional financing within the framework of supporting domestic automakers through second-tier banks (Resolution of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan No. 271 of April 23, 2015);
2) 16 billion KZT - within the framework of the Program of financing of JSC " Development Bank of Kazakhstan" domestic car manufactures at the expense of the national budget through conditional financing of second-tier banks for lending to individuals-buyers of domestic vehicles (Resolution of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan No. 792 of November 29, 2017, Resolution of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan No. 79 of February 21, 2019);
3) 40 billion KZT - within the framework of the Program of crediting buyers of cars of domestic production (Resolution of the Board of the National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated May 31, 2019 No. 79). The action of this Program was canceled by the Resolution of the Board of the National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan No. 56 dated May 24, 2021, in connection with which additional financing is not provided under this program. The allocated 40 billion tenge continue to be financed on a revolving basis.
At the moment, preferential car loans to individuals are implemented at the expense of revolving funding of already allocated 82 billion KZT. The financial resources released from individuals’ loan repayments are directed by second-tier banks to finance new individuals. Taking into account the high demand of those who are willing to get a preferential car loan, second-tier banks accept new applications as soon as financial resources are released. The allocation of additional financial resources for preferential car loans is not provided for this year.
2. Which banks can I apply to for a preferential car loan?
JSC "Eurasian Bank";
JSC “ATF Bank”;
JSC "Bank CenterCredit";
JSC DB of Sberbank,
JSC “Halyk Bank of Kazakhstan”;
JSC "Forte Bank";
TO JSC "VTB Bank (Kazakhstan)"
3. Under what conditions can I get a preferential car loan?
The cost of the car should not exceed 15 million KZT, the loan term is no more than 7 years. The nominal interest rate is 4% per annum.
4. What brands of cars can be purchased under the state program?
Thanks to preferential car loans, car enthusiast have the opportunity to purchase new models of the brands "KIA", "Hyundai", "Chevrolet", "UAZ", "JAS", "Ravon". The full list of cars is presented on the DBK website https://www.kdb.kz/services/interbank-lending/ .
5. How long do I have to wait to get a loan and become the owner of a new car?
The second-tier banks are engaged in checking the solvency and approving car loans. After the approval of the application by the second-tier bank, the further status of the approved application is tracked by the applicant himself through the online auto-queue service on the platform of the corresponding second-tier bank, which was launched by DBK’s initiative to ensure the transparency (the electronic queue is placed on the websites of Halyk Bank of Kazakhstan JSC, Sberbank JSC, VTB Bank (Kazakhstan) JSC). The order of issuing loans to individuals is also maintained by second-tier banks independently, without the participation of DBK.
The Development Bank of Kazakhstan checks only the received applications within the allocated funds from the National Fund of the Republic of Kazakhstan and coordinates them for compliance with the program conditions (the maximum cost of the car, the loan term, the nominal interest rate) and within 3 working days confirms the possibility of debiting funds from a special account with the National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan by second-tier banks. Within the allocated funds from the Republican budget and the National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan, there is no procedure for confirming the write-off of funds from a special account in the National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan.